Update Your Activity
You must be logged in to post a new activity update.
Activity results for #computers
The Greek mathematician Hero of Alexandria (c. 10–70 AD) built a mechanical theater which performed a play lasting 10 minutes #computers
1.was just a big calculator
2. no single device can be identified as the earliest compute
3. some mechanical aids to computing, which were very successful and survived for centuries
4. The Greek mathematician…[Read more]
5 Interesting Facts:
1. Not just one person invented it, but many people making it more intricate as time passed
2. The first computer started out as a gigantic counting device
3. Personal Computers (PC) were invented in 1953
4. The ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer, the first computer) was able to do a math problem…[Read more]
here are the five facts about computers for #computers.
1.no single device can be called the first computer
2.at the end of the 10th century, a french monk said he saw a machine capable of answering yes/no questions
3.in 1837 Charles Babbage invented a fully programmable mechanical computer.
4. the first electronic computer was the…[Read more]
Computers have their beginnings back in pre-history, starting with the abacus in 3000 BC.
Konrad Zuse invented the first general use calculator in 1941
Doug Engelbart made the first word processor in 1968
Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf developed the basic ideas of the Internet in 1973.
In 1992, the number of network hosts broke 1,000,000.
1. Douglas Englbart nicknamed the computer mouse, mouse because of the tail coming out at the end.
2. In 1971 email was invented.
3. Yahoo was created in April of 1994.
4. Its hard to say who invented the computer because not just one person did.
5. the term computer bug was first used by Grace Hopper.
My five facts:
*Abacus was one of the first computers, it was basically prehistoric, kind of wierd looking but its still cool
*The first freely programmable computer was invented in 1936
*The first computer game was invented in 1962
*The mouse was called that because of the “tail” that came out of the end (believe it or not there…[Read more]
1. 1994: Howard Aiken and Grace Hopper designed the MARK series of computers at Harvard University
2. 1945: John Presper Eckert & John W. Mauchly: John Presper Eckert & John W. Mauchly develop the ENIAC ( Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer)
3. 1949: Claude Shannon builds the first machine that plays chess
4. 1950: The first…[Read more]
1. Edmund Berkley made plans for the first personal computer, named Simon, in 1949. It used relay technology.
2. Tim Berners-Lee was the main creator of HTML.
3. The first computer mouse was invented in 1963 at the Stanford Research Institute.
4. The definition of computer is an electronic device for storing and processing data,…[Read more]
5 interesting facts I found:
1.1942-John Atanastoff and Clifford Berry built world’s first electronic-digital computer at Iowa State University
2.1948-Sir Frederick Williams and Tom Kilburn co-invented the Williams-Kilburn Tube
3.1973-Robert Metcalfe invented the ethernet
4.1981- IBM introduced Personal computer
interesting facts! #computers
1.English mathematics professor, Charles Babbage is known as the “father of compuers”
2.1941, for the second world war, German engineer Konrad Zuse had developed a computer, the Z3, to design airplanes and missiles
3.Howard H. Aiken (1900-1973), an american engineer produced the first all-electronic calculator by…[Read more]
Here are some things I found that I thought were interesting.
1: Doug Engelbart, invented the first computer mouse in the year 1964 and was made up of wood
2: ‘Mosaic’ was the first popular web browser released in the year 1993.
3: The quintessential command ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete’ was written by David Bradley.
4: There are approx.…[Read more]
• The first computer was invented in 1936 by Konrad Zuse
• 1942 the first ABC computer was invented by John Atanasoff & Clifford Berry
• 1955 was the first bank used computer invented by Stanford Research Institute, Bank of America, and General Electric
• 1958 the chip was invented by Jack Kilby & Robert Noyce
• Than 1985 was when…[Read more]
1) First freely programmable computer in 1936. The Z1 Computer by Konrad Zuse
2) First Commercial computer 1951. The UNIVAC Computer by John Presper Eckert & John W. Mauchly
3)The first computer game – Spacewar Computer Game in 1962 by Steve Russell & MIT
4)1964 – The mouse nicknamed because of the tail coming out the end by Douglas…[Read more]
1. The word “computer” was used to describe a person who carried out calculations or computations, from at least 1613 to the mid 20th century
2. The first transistor (a semiconductor device used to switch electronic signals and power in computer’s) was made in 1947/48
3. In 1962 the first computer game (A.K.A:…[Read more]
1. Hewliett -Packard was founded in 1939. Their first product was the HP 200A Audio Oscillator.
2. In 1940, the Complex Number Calculator is finished byt the Bell Telephone Laboratories.
3. In 1949 Maurice Wilkes assembles the EDSAC, the first practical sotred-program computer at Cambridge University.
4. In 1950, Engineering Research…[Read more]
The first use of the word “computer” was recorded in 1613
In most computers, individual instructions are stored as machine code
A computer’s memory can be viewed as a list of cells
Computers have been used to coordinate information between multiple locations since the 1950s
The history of the modern computer begins with two separate…[Read more]
The QWERTY keyboard sentence is 129 years old. The first computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart around 1964 and was made of wood. The electric computers that were developed in 1940 were the size of a large room and took up a huge amount of electricity. The first personal computer was called the Simon in 1950. The first computer concept…[Read more]
In reply to: julie2010 posted an update #computer 1. The first computers were designed by Charles Babbage in the mid-1800s. 2.The first electronic computers were developed during the World War II, with the earliest of those […] View
1.The first ever microproccessor by Intel was ’4004’.
2.QWERTY keyboard sequence is 129 years old.
3.In 1963, Douglas Engelbart made the first computer mouse, which made out of wood.
4.Hideo Yamachito made the first electronic computer in 1950 in Japan.
5.IBM created the first ’floppy disk’ in 1967.
- Load More